This project had a lot of potential, but I kind of let it fail. Maybe I'll finish it one day, but it probably won't be any time in the near future.
I had an Ikea desk chair that didn't roll very well, so I figured I'd modify it into a powered desk chair. It would have "swerve modules" to give it the ability to strafe and turn just like a normal unpowered desk chair. The design was fairly simple stuff that I had basically done in robotics at my high school. The intended final chair would have looked like this, but the electronics required to make it run properly were a bit out of my budget range.
The continuous 40A motor controllers put the electronics out of my budget considering the ones I had used in the past cost around 90 dollars a piece. I made the three swerve modules before I decided to ditch the project.