The supports had to extend into the part. this made cleanup a pretty big pain. I integrated all nut holders as well as strengthening ribs into the frame. This part was really complex to draw up. I also made sure to fillet as many corners as possible to reduce the likelihood of shattering the parts.
I finally ordered all of the servos after finishing the full design and checking to make sure the leg was durable and cleanly implemented. The servos have a blue anodized body. The branding is held on my stickers, so I removed them all to make a very clean looking build.
Overall the new mechanics are leagues ahead of the old design. The newer servos are much more powerful and durable than the old ones, which really justifies the slightly higher cost. I told myself I wouldn't start any new projects until finishing this one. I guess I'm kind of cheating because I made it walk in a circle and I'm calling it "done". I have plans to create a generalized walking algorithm in the future, one that doesn't have predefined gaits. I want the hexapod to walk more like a living creature than a robot.